DENOMINATION, NATURE, TERRITORIAL SCOPE AND DOMICILE (Cf, c. 298; 299; 301; 304; 313; 322)
Article 1. Denomination, Nature and Territorial Scope
The Confraternity of Sant Jordi is a public association established in the Parish of Santa Maria de Banyeres de Mariola, canonically erected according cc. 298 i 313 Code of Canon Law, which will be governed by the present Statutes, the provisions of particular law and universal Catholic Church and any other agreements that are by nature.
Article 2. Registered Office
The Associació Confraria de Sant Jordi has its registered office in Banyeres de Mariola, St. Francis street, 10 i 12. Any change of address must be notified to the General Secretariat of the Archdiocese of Valencia.
PURPOSES AND ACTIVITIES (Cf c. 94,1 ; 298,1 ; 301,1)
Article 3. Fins
The Sant Jordi Confraternity Association proposes the following purposes:
a) Promote the public worship of Patrón Sant Jordi, feeling like depositories and custodians of a religious legacy of great magnitude and depth in the religious life of our people and in the experience of our Christian community: piety and devotion to St. George.
b) Assume the responsibility and organization of the liturgical and religious acts in the Patronal Festivals.
c) Care and guard the hermitage of Sant Jordi and its image, the cross altarpiece in the Parish Temple, the altar and processional image. the chapel Chapel, anda and the float procession, and all objects of worship that at any given time belong to the Brotherhood.
Article 4. Activities
For the fulfillment of its purposes or objectives, The Confraternity of Sant Jordi will organize the following activities:
a) The processional transfers of the image of the Patron Saint George, from his hermitage to the Parish Temple for the celebration of the festivities and from the Temple to the hermitage, once they are concluded and the Octavari.
b) The Offering of Flowers to the Patrón eI 22 d'abril, in the morning, especially in the interior of the Temple with the arrangement and ornamentation of the altarpiece and altar of Sant Jordi.
c) The Solemn Mass of 23 d'abril, feast of Sant Jordi Martir.
d) The General Procession of 23 d'abril, with the assistance of all the filaes and authorities.
e) The Mass in the Cemetery 25 d'abril, the most emblematic and unique event of our Festivities.
f) The Mass in the hermitage of Sant Crist on 25 d'abril. g) The Octavari of Sant Jordi, of the 26 d'April 3 May.
h) Solemn Mass and Procession on the day of the Relic of Saint George, festival that is celebrated on the first Sunday of September each year.
i) The Octavari Musical Days of Sant Jordi, the oldest ones in the Valencian Community in col·collaboration with the Molt Il·luster Banyeres de Mariola City Council.
j) Participation in the meetings of the Sant Jordi Festivities Committee, and any party and activity held in honor of Saint George the Martyr.
k) And all those that, referring to the Pattern, they become in the life of our people, Banyeres de Mariola, or those others that are organized in the Brotherhood.
Article 5. Processions
1) Processions should be held with as much dignity as possible. The councilor will ensure that they conclude with a priestly exhortation, a close song, the prayer and the final blessing (cf. arts. 667 i 669 Const. Sinodals).
2) The sacred images cannot be carried or moved festively outside the temple without the presence of the priest, or at least, without their express consent and much less if it is done without due reverence, despite existing customs (cf. art. 671 CS).
3) The organization of a procession and its itinerary are subject to the instructions of the competent ecclesiastical Hierarchy (that. 944.2), always respecting legitimate customs (cf. art. 668 CS).
MEMBERS OF THE ASSOCIATION (Cf, cc.304,1; 307; 308; 309; 311; 316; 320)
Article 6. Admission to the Association
1) People who meet the conditions required by canon law can be admitted members of the Association, accept the present Statutes and the spirit of the Association.
2) The admission of new members to the Association will be carried out by the Board of Directors, the same request.
Article 7. Rights and duties of partners.
A) They are rights of members:
1) Participate with voice and vote in Ordinary and Extraordinary General Assemblies.
2) Choose and be chosen for managerial positions.
3) To participate, in accordance with the rule of the Statutes, in the activities, meetings and events organized by the Association in fulfillment of its purposes.
4) Enjoy the benefits obtained by the Association.
B) They are duties of the members:
1) Comply with the provisions of these Statutes and those validly agreed by the General Assemblies and the Board of Directors.
2) Col·work and participate in the activities organized by the Association for the fulfillment of its purposes.
3) Pay the quota established by the General Assembly on time.
4) Assume the positions for which he was chosen, always taking into account the personal circumstances that occur in each case.
Article 8. you get off.
1) The Association will be terminated by decision of the interested party.
2) The expulsion of a legitimately admitted member can only be agreed for just cause (that. 308).
3) To proceed with the expulsion, the Board of Directors must initiate a file in which the previous notification to the interested party is recorded; if he persists in his attitude, the file will be continued giving a hearing to the affected person. Against the resolution adopted by this body, the interested party can turn to the Ordinary of the place.
GOVERNMENT BODIES (Cf cc. 94; 304,1; 309; 317; 324,1; 329)
Chapter I. Of the governing bodies
Article 9. Assemblea General
The General Assembly is the supreme governing body of the Association, and is constituted by all the full members of the same. It is chaired by the President of the Association, assisted by the Secretary and other members of the Board of Directors.
Article 10. Ordinary and Extraordinary Convocation.
1) General Assemblies may be ordinary and extraordinary. The ordinary General Assembly will meet once a year. They will be the subject of an ordinary General Assembly, at least, the skills indicated in the numbers l, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 i 8 of the article 12 regarding the powers of the General Assembly. It will be convened at least fifteen days in advance by means of a summons that the Secretary will address to all members entitled to participate in the Assembly, in their own home. In the notice must state the day, hour, place and agenda of the meeting.
2) The Extraordinary General Assembly will meet when deemed appropriate by the Chairman of the Association, ho chord Board, Board Mayorales, I ask the President or one fifth of the Association members with the right to speak and vote, indicating the agenda and other organizational aspects mentioned in the previous paragraph.
Article 11. Constitution quorum. agreements.
1) The General Assembly shall be validly, first call, when it is present absolute majority of the members of the Association, with voice and vote. On second call, half an hour later, shall be valid whatever the number of members who attend the Assembly.
2) the agreements, for its validity, adopted by majority vote of the members present in the first two ballots, and relative majority in the third ballot.
3) For the modification of the Statutes, for the extinction of the Association and for special cases decided by the General Assembly, agreements should be taken, a single valid ballot a majority of two thirds of the votes present and represented at least one-tenth of the members with voice and vote.
Article 12. Powers of the General Assembly.
It corresponds to the General Assembly:
1) Elect President of the Association. The President elected, must be confirmed by the Archbishop. You also need to confirm the team (Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer) presented by the President. Without discrimination based on sex or race.
2) Examine and approve, if applicable, management board.
3) Decide how matters are submitted to it by the Board, the proper functioning of the Association.
4) To approve the annual report of the activities of the Association, and set the same line of action and precise guidelines for programs to perform.
5) Examine and approve the statement of accounts of the financial year and the annual ordinary and extraordinary budget.
6) Agreed to change the registered office of the Association.
7) Fix the ordinary and extraordinary fee to be paid members of the Association
8) Authentically interpret the provisions of these Statutes.
9) Approving the Internal Regulations and decided to review the same, always in accordance with the Articles of Association.
10) Agreed amendments to the Statutes, which should be approved by the diocesan Ordinary for their validity.
11) Agreed the termination of the Association.
12) Decide on any important question relating to the government and management of the Association.
Article 13. Board of Directors. Composition.
l) The Board of Directors is the executive body of the Association and is composed of the President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer and for Members, elected for a period of three years, being able to be extended if deemed so by the General Assembly for a period established in each specific case. The Rector and Vicars of the Parish of Santa María de Banyeres de Mariola will be born members of the Board.
2) The President is elected by the General Assembly. The management team (Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer) is chosen by the president and confirmed by the General Assembly. The other members of the Board of Directors are freely appointed by the president.
Article 14. Powers of the Board of Directors.
They are Functions of the Board of Directors:
1) Represent the Association.
2) Monitor compliance with the Statutes.
3) Execute valid agreements that are not entrusted to a special committee or person; and follow up on agreements, the execution of which has been entrusted to a special commission or to some person.
4) Organize the activities of the Association in accordance with the guidelines set by the General Assembly.
5) Prepare the annual report and activity plan of the Association.
6) Administer the funds that are collected; opening and closing bank accounts and empowering the people who can dispose of them.
7) Prepare the Balance Sheet and Budgets that must be submitted to the approval of the General Assembly.
8) Prepare the agenda of the General Assemblies.
9) Admit the new members of the Association and decide on their termination according to the arts. 6 i 8 of the Statutes.
10) Appoint and dismiss the contracted staff of the Association, as well as fixing the remuneration of the same, in accordance with the legal wages and contribution base.
11) Grant notarial powers and delegate the necessary powers to legitimize actions with respect to third parties, and grant powers to lawyers and court attorneys to defend and represent the Association in judicial matters.
12) Create work commissions for the study of various matters, in which any class of members may be integrated i, in general, to plan, direct and solve any matter of interest to the Association.
Article 15. Meetings of the Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors will meet, at least, once a quarter, and whenever called by the President, or a third of its members request it.
Article 16. Board of Mayorals. Composition.
The Board is a body co Mayorales·legate of a consultative nature of the Association and will be composed of all the presidents that the Association has had, and that they are members at the time of the call for which they have been required, as well as for those natural persons who have contributed in an extraordinary way to the enhancement and enlargement of the figure of our patron Sant Jordi or of the Brotherhood according to the regulations of the Board of Mayorals. The number of Board Mayorales not exceed twenty persons. The President will be the one who has held the presidency of the Board of Directors for the longest period of time and the secretary the one with the least seniority in the position, with the exception of the current President of the Association who is not part of the Board of Mayors while holding this position.
Article 17. Powers of the Board of Mayorals.
They will be functions of the Board of Mayorals:
a) Advise and inform on as many matters as are required, within the framework of the association without being binding.
b) Set up a monitoring committee when there are indications that the President's actions, Vice-president and other members of the Board of Directors do not comply with the provisions of their powers, and of course when they act against agreements adopted in the General Assembly or to the detriment of the Association.
c) Convene the General Assembly to discuss point b.
Article 18. Meetings of the Board of Mayorals.
They should normally meet once a year, because the President of the Association informs them of the current progress of the same, of the projects and economic status of each moment. With an exceptional character, will meet when any of the circumstances provided for in the sections of the previous article occur.
Chapter II. Of those responsible for governing bodies
Article 19. The President of the Association.
The President of the Association, chosen directly by the General Assembly, holds the same legal representation. The president of this Association does not have to be a person who holds positions of leadership and representation in political parties.
Article 20. Powers of the President.
The following functions belong to the President:
1) The direction and legal representation of the Association in all types of actions vis-à-vis third parties.
2) Appoint the remaining members of the Board of Directors of the Association. The people who hold the positions of Vice President, Secretary and Treasurer should be confirmed by the General Assembly. The rest of the members are freely appointed by the president.
3) Carry out the execution of the agreements validly adopted by the General Assembly and the Board of Directors.
4) summon up, preside over and adjourn the sessions held by the General Assembly of Members and the Board of Directors, directing the deliberations of one and the other, and deciding with quality vote, in case of a tie.
5) Fix the agenda of the sessions.
6) Endorsement of acts and certificates issued by the Secretary of the Association.
7) Order to the Treasurer the validly agreed payments.
8) Comply with and enforce the statutory rules.
9) Communicate to the Ordinary of the place the members chosen to make up the Board of Directors, as well as the annual statement of accounts, the change of registered office, the amendments to the Statutes and the termination of the Association, for the relevant purposes.
Article 21. The Vice President.
It is up to the Vice President to replace the President in the event of a vacancy, absence or illness and assume the functions that had been delegated to him. In the event of the vacancy of the President, the Vice President will hold the position of President, and within two months will convene an Extraordinary General Assembly to fill the vacancy.
Article 22. The Secretary.
To the Secretary of the Association, which will also be the Board of Directors, the following functions correspond:
1) attend, by order of the President, the calls and communications for any type of events, notifications or celebrations.
2) Extend the minutes of the sessions of the General Assembly and Board of Directors, in which the subjects dealt with and the agreements made authorizing them with his signature are contained.
3) Keep the registration of the additions and deletions of the members of the Association.
4) Custody the books and files of the Association and other documents of the Archive
5) Write the annual report of activities, in accordance with the Board of Directors.
6) Certify Association documents with the approval of the President.
Article. 23. Administrator or Treasurer.
The Administrator of the Association is obliged to fulfill his function with the diligence of a good father of a family. So, has to:
1) Watch that the goods entrusted to their care do not perish in any way or suffer any damage.
2) Ensure that property ownership is secured by civilly valid means.
3) Observe the canonical and civil rules and those imposed by the legitimate authority, taking care that no damage occurs due to non-observance of the laws.
4) Make diligent and timely collections and payments.
5) Keep the entry and exit books in order.
6) Make administration accounts at the end of each year. He must also report annually to the Ordinary of the place, which will entrust its review to the Council of Economic Affairs of the diocese.
7) Properly organize and store in a convenient and suitable file the documents and instruments on which the rights of the Brotherhood are based. An authentic copy of these documents will be given to the Diocesan Curia.
8) With the rest of the members of the Board of Directors, will prepare the budget of entries and exits each year.
Article 24. Transfer of documentation.
At the end of the mandate of a Board of Directors, the incoming and outgoing management team will meet to deliver and accept all the documentation and inventory that opens in the Secretariat and in the Administration of the Confraternity. The corresponding minutes of this meeting will be drawn up and signed by the two management teams.
Article 25. The Counselor.
1) The Counselor is appointed by the Archbishop, prior consultation with the Board of Directors. It may be removed in accordance with what is established in current canon law.
2) Attend the General Assemblies and meetings of the Board, with voice but no vote.
3) They are functions of the Councilor:
a) The spiritual animation of the members of the Association.
b) Contribute that it always maintains its ecclesial nature and purposes.
c) Encourage the participation of the same in the diocesan pastoral plans, in accordance with the objectives of the Association.
4) In matters concerning public worship, Parishes and in matters of faith and customs, the Counselor will have the right to veto.
PROPERTY ADMINISTRATION. (Cf, cc.319; 1255; 1280)
Article 26. Legal capacity in economic matters.
The Association may acquire, to hold onto, manage and dispose of temporary assets, without a spirit of speculation and profit, to reach their own ends, in accordance with the provisions of the Code of Canon Law.
Article 27. Qualification of the goods. Administration controls.
1) The Association's assets can be made up of all types of assets, located anywhere, allocating its fruits, income and products to the objectives of the Association, and without other limitations than those imposed by law. Its acquisition, administration and alienation will be carried out in accordance with canonical norms (Book V, cc. 1254 i ss).
2) In a particular way:
a) For the purpose of Ca. 1280, the Board of Directors will constitute an Economic Affairs Council to assist the administrator in the fulfillment of his function.
b) License will be requested from the Ordinary for the acceptance of things or rights recorded with a modal burden or a condition (Ca. 1267.2).
c) The same license will be requested for the alienation of immovable property and for carrying out acts of extraordinary administration (Ca. 1281 .I i l29l).
d) An inventory of real estate will be made, movable property, both precious and in some way belonging to the cultural heritage, and any others, with the description and assessment of the same. This inventory will be transferred to the Diocesan Curia (Ca. 1283.2″).
e) Accounts of the administration must be rendered annually to the Archbishop. Likewise, they must report exactly to the same authority the use of the offerings and alms received (Ca. 319 i 1287 .l).
Article 28. Acts of extraordinary administration.
1) The administrator needs the written authorization of the Ordinary for the valid execution of acts of extraordinary administration (Ca. 1281.1).
2) They are considered acts of extraordinary administration:
a) The realization of expenses that are not foreseen in the ordinary budget approved by the General Assembly.
b) The alienation of assets belonging to the stable assets of the Association whose value exceeds the amount established by law (Ca. 1281).
c) The alienation of property of special religious or artistic significance (Ca. 1292.2 i 3).
d) How many modify or compromise the structure of the Association's stable assets (Dec. General. C.I.I., 1984; that. 1295).
e) The acceptance of oblations that are burdened by a modal burden or a condition (Ca. 1267. 2).
f) Those whose amount exceeds the amount established at any time by the Spanish Episcopal Conference, for the purpose of Ca. 1292.
g) Those acts whose execution would have to be extended for more than five years.
h) Which involve a decrease of up to 40 percent in the assets of the Association
i) The alienation of real estate.
Article 29. Alienation of goods.
The alienation of assets whose value exceeds the minimum amount set by the Spanish Episcopal Conference requires, for its validity, the written permission of the diocesan Bishop (Ca. 1291). For such purposes, the controls of the canonical legislation on the alienation of goods will be held by statutory right of this Association. In order to proceed with the alienation, just cause and a written expert appraisal are also required (Ca.1293).
Article 30. Goods related to worship.
The ornaments, images and other objects related to worship cannot be sold, transfer, nor lend without the written consent of the Ordinary. In case of not being of use to the Association, the same authority will be reported, that he will receive them in deposit and give them the use he deems most appropriate pastorally (cf. art. 689 CS).
Article 31. Initiation of litigation.
The legal representatives or administrators of the Association must not initiate litigation on behalf of the same, nor answer the demand in the civil fur , without having obtained a written license from the Ordinary. (cf. c 1288).
AMENDMENT OF THE STATUTES
Article 32. Modification of the Statutes.
It is up to the General Assembly to approve the proposal to amend the Statutes presented by the Board of Directors, in a single valid scrutiny, with a majority of two-thirds of the votes present and representing at least one-tenth of the members with voice and vote. Once the proposal is approved by the Assembly, need, for its validity and entry into force, of the approval of the diocesan Bishop.
TERMINATION AND DISSOLUTION OF THE ASSOCIATION AND DESTINATION OF GOODS. (Cf cc. 120;320;326)
Article 33. Extinction and dissolution of the Association.
1) The Association by its very nature has a duration of il·limited.
2) However, may be terminated by decision of the Extraordinary General Assembly, taken in a single valid scrutiny, with a majority of two-thirds of the votes present and representing at least one-tenth of the members with voice and vote.
3) It can also be suppressed by the diocesan bishop (Ca. 320), if their activity causes serious damage to Catholic doctrine, to ecclesiastical discipline or to the faithful, heard the opinion of the President and the Board of Directors.
Article 34. Destination of the goods.
1) In case of termination or dissolution of the Association, the property of the same will be delivered to the Parish of Santa María de Banyeres de Mariola so that it can be used for purposes similar to those listed in the present Statutes, in accordance with what is determined by the Extraordinary General Assembly.
2) To execute what is prescribed in the previous paragraph, the Board of Directors will constitute a Liquidating Board.
POWERS OF THE ECCLESIASTICAL AUTHORITY (Cf. cc. 305; 314; 315; 316; 317,1; 319; 320; 323; 324; 325; 326; 1291-1294)
Article 35. Faculties of the Diocesan Bishop.
1) The Association is governed in accordance with the rules of its Statutes, although always under the high direction of the diocesan Bishop (Ca. 315), which ensures compliance with the same and other norms of canon law. In the same way, he will ensure that the integrity of faith and customs is preserved in the Association, adopting the measures that are necessary to prevent abuses from being introduced in ecclesiastical discipline (Ca. 305).
2) specifically, the following powers correspond to the diocesan Bishop:
a) Right to visit and inspect all the activities of the Association.
b) Approval of statutory amendments (Ca. 314).
c) Confirm the President of the Association chosen by the General Assembly (Ca. 317.1).
d) Appointment and removal of the Councilor of the Association (Ca. 3 17.1).
e) The final approval of the annual accounts of the Association, as well as the power to demand a detailed account at any time.
f) Suppress or dissolve the Association, in accordance with the rules of law (Ca. 320.2i 3).
g) Grant the necessary license for the disposal of property, as well as to carry out extraordinary expenses of the Association, in accordance with the rules of canon law and these statutes.
h) Concurring a just cause may remove the President of the Association from his position after having heard this President and the members of the Board of Directors (Ca. 318.2).
i) Those that canon law attributes to him.
DILIGENCE: We approved the statutes of the Confraternity of Sant Jordi de Banyeres, by which the said Confraternity will have to be governed.
Valencia, January three of the year two thousand.